So you’ve made it to the island. Now what?
Clearly the big draw of Fire Island is the beach. From the ferry terminal in Cherry Grove or the Pines, you’re no more than a 5 minute walk directly to the beach! What’s the beach like? Imagine clean, warm, beautiful sand and the crashing waves of the Atlantic Ocean! Since there are no cars on the island, the beach is immaculate, and the water is beautifully clear.
Of course there’s much more to Fire Island than just the beach. In ‘town’ in Cherry Grove and the Pines, you have a variety of options for food and drinks, with Cherry Grove offering a somewhat wider variety to choose from.
***As of May 15, all restaurants and that have re-opened on the island are only doing takeout service. Clubs may re-open at some point during the summer – TBD***
Eats / Drinks
- Cherry’s on the Bay – great bar sitting right on the water. Drag shows throughout the week are held here!
- Island Breeze
- Ice Palace – host to the weekly underwear party, big drag events, and conveniently attached to the Grove Hotel.
- Blue Whale (Low Tea + Showtunes)
- Pines Pool Deck (Middle Tea / Fun Tea)
- Sip N Twirl (High Tea)
- Pavilion Nightclub
***Updates will be provided when stores have re-opened or are open for pickup orders***
- General Store – A wonderful store under the the Hotel, selling swimsuits, clothing, sunglasses, jewelry and lots of fun things for the house.
- TRBL– Cute little swimwear shop next to the Pavilion
- CAMP – Outdoors-themed shop for cute housewares and fresh-cut flowers. A cute grizzly bear out front for a selfie!
- TOLA – A wonderful store full of knick-knacks, decor for the house, swimsuits, and a whole lot more!
- FIG – Fire Island Goods – Great store for clothes, swimwear and fun stuff for the house. Really well curated collection!